Exploring New Horizons
Thank you for attending online on Saturday, October 23rd as we celebrated 46 years of WAESOL.
We are pleased to feature two outstanding keynotes for this year’s conference. Our opening keynote will be Dr. Suhanthie Motha, Director of the MATESOL Program in the English Department at the University of Washington. Dr. Motha is the author of Race, Empire, and English Language Teaching, which won the American Educational Studies Association (AESA) Critics’ Choice Book Award and the Comparative and International Education Society’s (CIES) Globalization and Education SIG’s Book Award. Visit our Conference Sched platform to learn more about Dr. Motha.
Then join us at 1:00 with Sarah Peterson, MSW, Office of Refugee & Immigrant Assistance. Sarah Peterson is the Washington State Refugee Coordinator and oversees the Washington Office of Refugee and Immigrant Assistance (ORIA). In 2018, Sarah received the Governor’s Award for Leadership in Management and in 2019, received recognition from the Islamic Center of Tri-Cities for her support for refugee resettlement. She is currently the President of the State Coordinators of Refugee Resettlement. Visit our Conference Sched platform to learn more about Sarah.
Following the conference, recordings of each session will be available online to registrants for 30 days.
Once you have registered, be sure that you responded to the invitation email from Sched to activate your account so that you can access the sessions. Please allow up to 24 hours to receive your invitation.
Early Registration through October 1st:
- $40 for WAESOL members
- $80 for non-members
Pre-Registration October 2nd through October 19th:
- $50 for WAESOL members
- $90 for non-members
Registration October 20th – 23rd:
- $65 for WAESOL members
- $105 for non-members
Schedule at a Glance for 2021 WAESOL Conference
Saturday, October 23rd
- 8:00 – 9:00 am — Registration and Check-in
- 9:00 – 10:00 am • Welcome and Opening Keynote: Dr. Su Motha, U of W
- 10:00 – 10:30 am • Visit Exhibitors’ Hall
- 10:30 – 11:15 am • Concurrent Sessions I
- 11:30 – 12:15 pm • Concurrent Sessions II
- 12:15 – 1:00 pm Lunch/Networking/Visit Exhibitors
- 1:00 – 2:00 pm – Afternoon Keynote: Sarah Paterson, ORIA, DSHS
- 2:00 – 2:30 pm – Visit Exhibitors’ Hall
- 2:30 – 3:15 pm – Concurrent Sessions III
- 3:30 – 4:15 pm – Concurrent Sessions IV
- 4:20 – 4:35 pm – Annual Business Meeting
- 4:35 – 5:00 pm • Grants & Awards, Publisher’s Give Away, & Closing
Exhibitors and publishers visit the Exhibitors’ page for more information.
K-12 Clock Hours will be available for each day.