WAESOL, the Washington state affiliate of Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), is a professional, non-profit organization whose purposes are to:
- Promote scholarship
- Disseminate information related to ESOL
- Strengthen instruction, teacher training, and research in the teaching of English to speakers of other languages
WAESOL Educator Winter 2023 is now available.
Clock hours are now available for the WAESOL Annual Conference and the WABE Fall Institute.
- WAESOL Educator Winter 2023 is now available.
- Submit an article for Summer 2023 by April 15th.
- Visit the WAESOL Educator page to view past issues.
- 2015 Tri-TESOL Conference Proceedings.
Photo of Mt. Rainier by Mike Drinkall
Washington Association for the Education of Speakers of Other Languages (WAESOL) recognizes and honors our many diverse Indigenous and Native Peoples in the Pacific Northwest, in the United States, and globally – past, present, and future. We acknowledge that the arrival of the English language impacted the traditional languages and cultures of the Native, Indigenous, and First Nations Peoples and we celebrate the work to reclaim or maintain their languages and cultures. We stand in solidarity with the Native, Indigenous, and First Nations Peoples and respect their sovereignty, cultural heritage, and lives. May we all take a moment to honor the Indigenous tribes and Indigenous lands that we reside on and pay our deepest respects.