The poster sessions at the 2019 WAESOLconference are intended to provide graduate (and undergraduate) students an opportunity to share information such as classroom practices, research, cultural information, or other information ESL teachers might find relevant. One advantage of poster sessions is that presenters get informal, one-on-one time with conference participants. Poster sessions also allow presenters to delve into specialized areas within a certain topic area.
- All presenters must register for the conference.
- WAESOL does not reimburse presenters for expenses.
- WAESOL does NOT provide pens, markers, paper, whiteboards, and misc. supplies for presenters. Please bring your own tacks, tape or clips, etc.
- There is a presenter check-in table on the day of the conference in addition to the regular registration check-in table. Be sure to visit it after you get your name badge at the registration table to confirm your time and room. Presenter certificates are available upon request.
- The poster sessions will be in the Foyer of Campus Center. (See campus map HERE.)
- Presenters may set up posters after the Keynote is finished, and the posters must be removed by 4:30pm.
- Please use a tri-fold display board 36 inches by 48 inches (See below). These are available at office stores.
- Each poster must be free-standing and able to fit on a 2ft. x 6ft. table.
- There is an art to creating successful poster presentations, and many informative sites on the web share creative ideas for poster design. Consider these links below as you prepare your poster.
- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1876493/ (Science related but applicable to educational conferences as well)
Thank you for providing professional development for colleagues in our field.