Thank you for your interest in submitting an article to WAESOL Educator.
The submission deadline for the Winter 2021 issue is November 28th, 2020.
Questions? Contact the publications committee at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Where and how do I send my material?
- To submit your article, please email it as an attached Word file to email@example.com. In the subject of the email, put “WAESOL Educator submission.” The WAESOL Educator publications committee will review your submission and get back to you. Do NOT include any photos, graphics or images within your Word file.
How should I send my graphics or photos?
- Please email your photo(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org in standard .jpg or .gif or .png format as an attached file. All photos must be original or have a CC BY license.
How do I know that my article was accepted for publishing?
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail from the editor upon receiving your article. WAESOL will review all articles for submission after the deadline. In most cases you will be notified within 1-2 weeks regarding whether or not your material was accepted.
What information should I send about me?
- We would like for you to submit a short bio telling us about your background along with a picture. This does not apply to “Event Calendar” submissions.
Will my article be edited?
- All submissions should be in final form. However, if your article is accepted, we will work with you to make minor edits to ensure the quality of our publication. In some cases the material will be sent back to the author. In that case we may ask you to revise your work.
How often can I submit my articles?
- You may submit articles as often as you wish.
Here are some submission ideas:
School, Learner, or Teacher Profiles
Submit an interview or story in no more than 1000 words. Please consider including photos.
From the Field: Teaching Reflections and Teaching Tips
Submit an article of up to 1100 words reflecting on your teaching experiences. Optional: include any original materials or open access web resources.
Submit research articles based on a current problem of practice or current teaching context. Articles should not be over 1500 words (excluding references). Please follow APA guidelines.
Academic Corner: Book and Article Reviews
Let us know about any books or interesting articles you have read lately by writing a summary and a short reflection. Reviews should be approximately 500 words.
ELT Resources Review
If interested, please write a 300-word summary of the resource describing its purpose, how you have utilized it in your context, and why you believe this resource may be useful to other professionals in the field.
Conference Reviews and Professional Development
Share your experience with the rest of the community by telling us all about it in 1000 words or less.