The WAESOL Conference planning committee is excited to confirm that our 2017 annual conference will take place at Highline College in Des Moines, WA.
The Conference will be held Saturday, October 21, 2017.
Pre-conference Workshops will take place on Friday, October 20, 2017.
Clock Hours will be available for each day.
- Saturday Conference (October 21, 2017)
- The full conference program will be available in September 2017
- National Geographic Learning is sponsoring our 2017 Keynote Speaker, Linda Grant. Linda Grant has pursued her interest in first and second language phonology for over forty years. A former audiologist, she has taught ESL students at Georgia Tech, graduate students in applied linguistics at Georgia State University, and international teaching assistants at Emory University in Atlanta. The author of two pronunciation texts for students, Well Said 4/e and Well Said Intro 2/e (National Geo Learning/Cengage) and the editor of the teacher resource volume, Pronunciation Myths: Applying Second Language Research to the Classroom (University of Michigan Press), Linda currently writes and conducts pronunciation workshops to help teachers implement research-informed best practices in their classrooms.
- Friday Pre-Conference Workshops (October 20, 2017)
- More information coming soon.