Serve on the Board in 2019
Voting for the 2019 board is now open through November 19th. Visit the candidates page to read about this year’s candidates and to link to the online voting system.
In 2019, the following positions will be open:
- President (serve as President in 2019, and Past President in 2020)
- President-Elect (serve as President Elect in 2019, and President in 2020)
- Member-at-Large (two positions)
Click here for more information about board member roles and duties.
Important Election Dates:
- September 5th: Nominations are Open. Log-in to your account to submit your nomination. You will need to provide a short biography.
- November 6th: Nominations Close
- November 13th: Elections open electronically to membership
- November 19th: Elections close
- January 1st, 2019: New Board Member terms begin
As a team of professionals from all over Washington, we believe in working to advance the field of teaching English to speakers of other languages. If you are a WAESOL member living or working in Washington or within 100 miles of the state boundaries and want to work with us, we encourage you to run for office. Develop your leadership and service, meet new people, and have a great time, too!
WAESOL seeks from its membership volunteers to serve on the WAESOL Board starting January 1st of each year.
Board members are required to attend 4 meetings each year and participate in planning for and implementing the annual conference. As a working board, there are also several committees on which to serve as a member of the board.
- Must be a current WAESOL member at the time of the election and throughout the term of the position. (Become a member or renew your membership by visiting the membership page.)
- Must work or reside in Washington State or within 100 miles of the state border upon election to the Board.
- Any Board member involved with finances may be subject to a background check.
Responsibilities for each position are posted HERE.
To nominate yourself, log-in using the email associated with your WAESOL membership. You will need to include a 150 word bio (in the third person) that will be posted online and shared with WAESOL members during the election.
Nominations for the 2019 Board are now closed.