Where the World Meets
We are excited to be back in person for our 47th annual WAESOL Conference. This year’s conference will be returning to Highline College in Des Moines, WA on Saturday, October 22nd. Pre-conference workshops will take place on Friday afternoon.
This year’s outstanding keynote will be Deborah J. Short, Ph.D. A renowned author, presenter, materials developer, and researcher, Dr. Short was TESOL International Association president (2020–21) and served as lead writer and series editor for The 6 Principles books . She founded and directs Academic Language Research & Training, LLC and provides professional development on academic literacy, content-based English, and sheltered instruction worldwide. She has led many research and program evaluation studies on multilingual learners and educational program designs and co-developed the SIOP Model. She has co-authored ESL textbooks (Edge, Inside, Reach) for National Geographic Learning and has taught ESL and EFL, in New York, California, Virginia, and DR Congo.
Early Registration through October 1st:
- $75 for WAESOL members
- $115 for non-members
Pre-Registration October 2nd through October 19th:
- $85 for WAESOL members
- $125 for non-members
Registration October 20th – 22nd:
- $100 for WAESOL members
- $140 for non-members
Schedule at a Glance for 2022 WAESOL Conference
Saturday, October 22nd
- 8:00 – 9:00 am — Registration / Check-in / Visit Exhibitors
- 9:00 – 10:00 am • Welcome and Opening Keynote: Dr. Deborah J. Short
- 10:00 – 10:30 am • Visit Exhibitors’ Hall
- 10:30 – 11:15 am • Concurrent Sessions I
- 11:30 – 12:15 pm • Concurrent Sessions II
- 12:15 – 1:00 pm Lunch/Networking/Visit Exhibitors
- 1:00 – 2:00 pm – Concurrent Sessions III
- 2:00 – 2:30 pm – Visit Exhibitors’ Hall
- 2:30 – 3:15 pm – Concurrent Sessions IV
- 3:30 – 4:15 pm – Concurrent Sessions V
- 4:20 – 4:35 pm – Annual Business Meeting
- 4:35 – 5:00 pm • Grants & Awards, Publisher’s Give Away, & Closing
Exhibitors and publishers visit the Exhibitors’ page for more information.
K-12 Clock Hours will be available for each day.