Thank you for your willingness to share your time and expertise with the members at this year’s conference as a poster presenter. We hope the experience will be a rewarding one for you as well.
Information may be updated on this page. Please check back for updates.
- WAESOL does not reimburse presenters for expenses.
- WAESOL does NOT provide pens, markers, paper, white boards, and misc. supplies for presenters. Please bring your own tacks, tape or clips, etc.
- There is a presenter check-in table on the day of the conference in addition to the regular registration check-in table. Be sure to visit it after you get your name badge at the registration table to confirm your time and room. Presenter certificates are available upon request.
- HERE is a Highline campus map for your information.
- Posters will be displayed on 7’ tall x about 2.5’ wide felt display boards. Boards are hinged in pairs. Each presenter will be able to use both sides of the paired boards. Ideally, your poster materials would not be less than 3 feet from the ground, so the workable space is about 4’ x 4’. (See photo samples below to help you visualize the layout.)
- The display boards have been loaned to us from the Graphic Design department here at Highline College. They suggest using “velcro” squares or tape to mount your display, so that it can be easily removed without damage to the boards. An alternative would be to affix all of your materials to a 4’ x 2.5’ or 4’ x 4’ piece of newsprint or poster paper before the conference. At the conference, you can use large binder clips to attach the whole display to the board.
The photos below show poster presenters using this type of display board at Highline College.
You may set up your poster at any time prior to 1:00 p.m. Please do not set up before or during our keynote address from 9:00-10:00 a.m.
Posters will be displayed near the registration area, in Building 8 (the Student Union Building), in a small area with a fabulous view of the Olympic Mountains. There are no outlets or tables available in this area.
The poster exhibit will officially begin at 1:30 p.m. (See schedule here.) Be sure to be set up by 1 p.m.. You are asked to stay with your poster until 2:15 p.m. We would like the posters to remain up until the last concurrent session ends at 4:30 p.m.
Thank you again for providing professional development for colleagues in our field. We hope you enjoy the day, and we hope to see you again next year!