Welcome to WAESOL 2016: Engaging Multilingual Learners: The Classroom and Beyond. The conference is at Mukogawa Fort Wright Institute in Spokane, WA. on October 22 from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Pre-conference workshops are on October 21 from 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Please check this page again for updates, especially a day or two before the conference.
Conference registration, the welcome, the keynote, exhibitor tables, lunch, presentation of grants and the Publishers’ Raffle will all be in the Commons at Mukogawa Fort Wright Institute. ALL the sessions will be in the Commons, the Mukogawa classrooms or Library. See the campus map HERE.
Your purchase of your table(s) includes registration (and lunch) for one person per table. If you have additional reps (beyond the one per table), he or she would need to register via our Individual registration page.
Please stop by the pre-registration table in the Commons to check in and pick up your conference name badge and program book.
Sometime during the morning, the publishers’ liaison, Anikke Trier, will stop by your table to collect any books or materials you may have for the Publishers’ Raffle which will take place at the end of the day. Thank you for your contribution toward this. During this time we will also announce winners of our Professional Development and Project Funding Grants.
Before the conference – Shipping Materials
If you are sending any materials to Mukogawa Fort Wright Institute prior to the conference, the mailing address is:
Mukogawa Fort Wright Institute
4000 W. Randolph Rd.
Spokane, WA 99224
Your materials will be stored near the exhibit area and volunteers will be available to help transport boxes to your table.
Materials should arrive by Friday, Oct. 21 at the latest.
- The exhibitor area will be held in the main room at Commons at Mukogawa Fort Wright Institute.
- Set-up time in the exhibitors’ area will begin at 4:00 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 21. If you would like to set up your exhibitor materials on Friday afternoon/evening, please contact Anikke Trier at email@example.com so someone can be there to assist you. You may also arrive early on Saturday to set up – the conference area will be open at 7:30 a.m. and breakfast will be served in the exhibit area at 8:00.
- Your assigned tables will be clearly marked.
- If you have shipped items in advance, they will be available in one of the adjoining rooms.
- After setting up, please break down any unwanted boxes and hand them to a volunteer for recycling. Empty boxes may be stored in the storage room for later use, but please do not leave any materials in storage after the conference.
Exhibit tables and the Commons rules
- The tables for the exhibitors at the Commons are 8 feet x 2.5 feet. Each table has a white table cloth with a skirt to the floor. The link below has information about the Commons room where the exhibitor tables will be set up.http://www.mfwi.edu/banquets/CommonsPage.htm
- There is free public wireless via the mfwi network (password is FortWright).
- There is also a wall outlet near your table. Although the electrical outlet is near your table(s), we do not provide extension cords. Please bring your own extension cord if you need one.
- Please observe the Commons’ rules
- Only masking tape may be used for application of items to the walls.
- Use of tacks, nails, scotch tape, duct tape, staples of any kind, etc., is strictly prohibited.
- No pinning of any items to drapes.
- Nothing may be applied to the ceiling or lights.
- The plants must not be moved or decorated.
- No tables & chairs can be taken outside.
- The basic room set must stay in place. Moving of chairs or tables is prohibited.
Getting there, Drop-off / Unload/Parking
- The Commons is located at the far end of the Mukogawa Fort Wright Institute campus. (MFWI Map) You may drive and park very near the building. Campus map HERE.
- There is an entrance with a ramp leading into Commons. If you need a cart or dolly to help you unload your materials, there are a limited number at the Commons that you may borrow.
- There is plenty of parking near the Commons. You do not need a parking pass.
A buffet lunch on Saturday is included for all registered participants. Your conference badge will be your lunch ticket.
Mukogafwa Fort Wright Institute is conveniently located only 3.8 miles from downtown Spokane and 7.5 miles from the Spokane International Airport. There are a number of hotels near both the airport and downtown.
After the Conference – Packing Up
- If you would like to ship your boxes on the following Monday, October 27, please make sure to provide prepaid shipping labels for their return. You will leave your taped and labeled boxes ready for shipping in the exhibition area in Commons. Please let Anikke Trier know after the conference if you need any boxes picked up for shipping.
- Please break down any unwanted boxes and hand them to event staff or volunteers for recycling. PLEASE dispose of all trash and do not leave any materials in the exhibit area or storage room.
If you have any questions, please email me or call me at (509) 263-8352. Additional information about the conference is available on our website.
I look forward to seeing you soon. Again, thank you for your support! We are going to have an amazing conference!
WAESOL 2016 Publishers’ Liaison