WAESOL, the Washington state affiliate of Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), is a professional, non-profit organization whose purposes are to:
- Promote scholarship
- Disseminate information related to ESL
- Strengthen at all levels instruction and research in TESOL and dialects
- Cooperate in appropriate ways with other groups sharing similar concerns
- Serve members of the ESL community in the state of Washington
- WAESOL is 40! Click HERE for information about the 40th anniversary of WAESOL and to read interviews of leaders in our profession.
- 2016 WAESOL Board
- President – Dr. Martha Savage
- President Elect – Dr. Caroline Payant
- Treasurer – Dr. Joan Johnston Nelson
- Assistant Treasurer – Naomi Hagen
- Recording Secretary – Anikke Trier
- Michelle Roth
- Dawn Allen
- Megan Nestor
- Laura Soracco
- Nizar Sulaivany
- Nasrin Nazemi
- Christopher Micek
- Jeanne-Marie Wright
- The Winter 2016 WAESOL World Quarterly is now available.
- Currently accepting articles for WAESOL World Quarterly.
- Read about new job announcements in our WAESOL Community forum.
- Good news! WAESOL has been chosen as the host affiliate for 2017 TESOL Annual Convention in Seattle.
- Follow us on Twitter @WAESOL
Photo of Mt. Rainier by Mike Drinkall